Sunday, November 4, 2012

The New "Invisible Thread"

For several years, I have had a dilemma on where I wished my "Invisible Thread" painting to go. I completed the 6' x 12' piece and many years later decided to break down the original composition into 5" strips. Simultaneously, I struggled with where to take my photography since I currently do not have a dark room and am not particularly gravitated towards Photoshop. Naturally, I had several artistic dilemmas to conquer. 



Recently, I decided to embrace abstraction not only in my painting but in my photography. I have experimented with arranging countless compositions of the strips and documenting it using photography. Not only do I have the capability of creating new composition arrangements, I also can alter the hues and saturation of the photographs. I started with a completed painting that was then broken down, rearranged and altered with photography. What started with one piece, has now resulted in multiple new artworks that continues to grow in numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment