Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another art show will be hanging up on April 29th at Arsaga's on Gregg. It will incorporate a collection of my abstract paintings. I will have five new paintings in this addition. I am currently working with a previous painting that I completed several years ago. It was called "Invisible Thread," and now is deconstructed into 5 inch strips. I am increasingly interested in what I once considered a "finished" piece of art and reediting it either by cutting, painting over, or combining with another piece of work. I enjoy seeing the unexpected interplay between the colors and textures. I find it similar to collage work. You pick, choose, and play with materials at hand.  I have also reworked another painting from my last show on Dickson.

On a different side note, I have decided to put aside my digital camera and in the next few months return to film photography. I will shoot in black and white film so that when I am able down the road to use a dark room again, I can print and work my negatives exactly how I want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment